All Tagged Up and Endangered

Two different meme tags in less than a week. Most recently by Jackie Kessler. It's that book thing. Here are the rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people and post a comment to the person who tagged you once you’ve posted your three sentences.

The book is CHOKE by Chuck Palahniuk and not for the squeamish or easily offended.

Here goes...

The milkmaid, Ursula, comes out of the cow shed and looks at us with her stoner eyes just about filled with blood.

"If there was a girl you liked," I say to him, "if she wanted to have sex just to get pregnant, would you?"

Ursula grabs her skirts up and comes stomping through the cow poop in her wooden clogs.

***********

And there you have it. But much like I'll throw caution to the wind when I get a chain email, I shan't be paying either of these memes forward.

Here's the next one. Your standard 6 things meme attributed to one Karen Duvall.

6 what, though?

I'll just wing it...

1. My dogs are trying to kill me. I woke up last night at 2:30 with my oldest mongrel panting while sprawled across my legs. The middle child crept up my left side and tried to strangle me by pressing her throat against mine, while the baby burrowed under my shoulder. Why can't I just have regular insomnia?

2. I'm addicted to Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern on the Travel Channel. Have you seen that shit? The season finale is on now. I think he just ate some scrotum.

3. Caroline and I started Atkins again. So far so good. While I'm definitely craving carbs, I'm already feeling more alert and less lethargic. It's only been two days. That says a lot about the effects of sugar and simple carbohydrates.

4. Heard the new Ladytron today. Black Cat. There's a harder edge to it, want to hear it?



5. I'm bound and determined to get Road Trip of the Living Dead spotless and ready for John to hand over to the copy editor...by FRIDAY!

6. The Day of the Dead remake is a serious piece of crap, but an oddly appropriate double feature with Michael Moore's Sicko.

Done.

Comments