Book Review: Gil's All Fright Diner by A. Lee Martinez
I'm in love with Gil's All Fright Diner. Here's why…
1. Good ol' boys Earl the Vampire and Duke the Werewolf.
2. Inter-species love (vampire/ghost)
3. Flesh-eating zombie cows!
4. Bitchy teenage sorceresses are the best.
5. Chthulu-style Armageddon sequence.
Are you sold yet? How about spirits trapped in magic 8 balls? Gloom tentacled ghouls?
The book is just straight up fun. It's a fantasy adventure that doesn't take itself seriously, and that's the most endearing thing of all. Get off your ass and pick it up.
Next book: Blind Submission by Debra Ginsberg