Horror Movie Recollections

Does anyone remember that movie Burnt Offerings? I know you do. Cross-eyed Karen Black, a big black hearse, and Mrs. Allerdeis? Ringing any bells? Well, I thought that shit was scary as hell. Saw it in the theater, with...you guessed it...Mom. I was little and had nightmares involving doilies for years.

Well, I was going to do one of those horror movie flashback posts--like I'm known to do--but I couldn't find a trailer to save my life from a falling chimney. I was going to talk about how a high school friend was obsessed with Karen Black and organized a KB film festival with all her best work featured. You know, Airport '75, The Pyx and Killer Fish (not to be confused with Piranha). But now, I can't.

What I can offer is Burnt Offerings as recalled by a heavily medicated survivor of a car accident. Gather round and listen to the horrifying tale.



___________________

Now, a couple of updates.

I'm probably going to go with MY ZOMBIE ATE YOUR HONOR STUDENT for my promo pens, though BRAINS: IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER has been bouncing around my head ever since I read it in the comments. So we'll see.

I've been interviewed over at Sci-fi and Fantasy Lovin' Book Reviews, so you'll want to swing by and tell Theresa was an awesome interviewer she is.

The Contest of the Tragic and Embarassing is going strong over at Fangs, Fur and Fey. Entries will be accepted until 2/13 @ noon Pacific time, when I'll crown the winner.

Last, but certainly not least, I want to congratulate my internet buddy, Tez Miller on her assignment over at the ONLY site dedicated to all the urban fantasy news that's fit to post. If you're not reading URBAN FANTASY LAND, then you you're not a fan.

Comments