JellyPages.com

Monday, August 06, 2007

Eight Days in the Making

Last weekend, I checked my email after the PNWA conference and what did I find? Why an author's name over in the from section, and my book title in the subject line. Holy shit! So what did it say, you ask? Well only this:

"Gruesome, ghoulish and utterly groundbreaking. Mark Henry is daring and
scathingly funny."
--Jackie Kessler, author of HELL'S BELLES

Uhhhh. Uhhhhhh. Uhhhhh.

**quivers in ecstacy**

For those of you who don't know, Jackie is a fellow paranormal author, her protagonist is a succubus that moonlights in a certain field involving g-strings and poles (both kinds).

Jackie and I have never talked before, but oddly, now, I love her. I'm building an altar to her in the corner of my office. Blessed be.

8 comments:

December/Stacia said...

It's not odd to love Jackie. She rocks.

Mark said...

NO Stace. I'm in love with her. Who knew a blurb was all that was required?

Joe said...

As one fully acquainted with blurb love let me say I know exactly how you feel. There is no equivalent this side of adolescence. The phrase "all a-twitter" is not inappropriate.

December/Stacia said...

My feelings are hurt, Mark.

Mark said...

I'm sorry Stace. It's not you, it's me. I'm a blurbslut. I've only known for about eight days.

I feel free.

Jackie said...

Ooh, I get an altar! Is there chocolate involved?

Hey -- hi, December!

(Dang, teh interwebs is a small place. I swear, I wouldn't be surprised to find my mom here somewhere...)

Mark said...

Speak of her and she appears.

**glances at altar, candles still burning**

Thanks again!

Jackie said...

My pleasure!

Now, if you manage to get Matt Damon on the altar, dripping with chocolate...well, major goodness would ensue. (At least, on my end.)