Deadicatons

I just finished writing the dedication and acknowledgments pages for Happy Hour. You wouldn't think they'd be so difficult, but imagine the many ways you could fuck that up. The dedication part was easy--my wife keeps asking to read it, but I want it to be a surprise and wait until print--the acknowledgments were murder.

I guess I went about it the right way. I made a list, grouped people, worked off that. It was hard not to be a smart ass, and for the most part, I succeeded in stuffing that part of myself down. For the most part.

My outline finally went off today. I'm pretty nervous about that. It's really hard to capture the humor I intend in such a stripped down format. It comes off sounding insane. Which, it kinda is...

Reward time: A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore, and nothing else the rest o' the day.

Comments