JellyPages.com

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Yeah, But It's a Wet Heat

The national heatwave has made it's way to the Pacific Northwest--100 degrees today--and the dogs have settled into their favorite roles: dying martyrs. The fans are just blowing the humidity up our asses. I'm gonna have to take them to my parent's house (see how I get to use them, rather than admit I'm a heat pussy?).

The folks are one of the ten households in Washington with central air, so I'm going to take advantage of that. Plus, they've got Showtime OnDemand. When I break from writing I'm gonna take in another couple of episodes of Dexter.

The upside of the heat is it makes henna tattoos set quicker. I got my new pack of cones yesterday and I'm planning a big tribal spider design for Caroline's back (if she can stand an hour of my dabbling, I'll take a picture of it and post it). I don't draw, but there's something about sketching on skin. By the end of the month, the left side of my body will be covered in brown doodles.

2 comments:

Heather Brewer said...

You mean Dexter's LaBOratory? That show rocks...but don't let it stand in the way of Foster's Home or Avatar, Mark...that's just sick.

Mark said...

I mean Dexter, the show where the guy's a serial killer who kills bad guys. I just started watching it yesterday, on heat wave day one. Now, I'm hooked. Like I can afford another distraction.

Maybe later, I'll go down to the tack store and pick up some blinders.