Book Review: Island of the Sequined Love Nun by Christopher Moore



Having the dubious honor of being the first Christopher Moore book to take me a week to read, Island of the Sequined Love Nun is nonetheless a fun book, if a bit too long for its premise. I also was not crazy about the ending. But I can live with it.

Tucker Case is a pilot for the thinly veiled Mary Jean cosmetics company. When a mile-high club sex romp goes horribly awry--and by awry, I do mean genital mutilation--Tucker is sent to fly for Methodist missionaries in Micronesia. Along the way, he runs into ghosts, cargo cults, cannibals, ninjas, a trannie hooker, and a talking fruitbat.

I change my mind. It was fantastic. Laugh out loud funny, but less so than previous novels. This one seemed to require a great deal more research to sound implausible. Funny how that works.

Pick it up.

Next Book:The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Comments